Last month, Wiseacre Brewing Co. expanded distribution to Arizona. This month, the fast-growing Memphis craft brewery is adding another state: Virginia.
Three year-round Wiseacre beers — Ananda IPA, Gotta Get Up to Get Down Coffee Milk Stout, and Tiny Bomb Pilsner — will be available in Virginia, along with seasonal and specialty releases, in all Total Wine stores, along with many other locations.
Virginia marks the 19th state where you can buy Wiseacre beer across the U.S. In addition to Virginia and Arizona, Wiseacre is sold in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas, plus Washington, D.C.
To celebrate its Virginia launch, Wiseacre is collaborating with Richmond-based Bingo Beer to create a limited-edition brew that will be available only in Virginia.
“Jay Bayer, one of Bingo’s founders, and I have been friends for a long time; we went to brewing school in Chicago together. They have really zeroed in on lagers at Bingo – similar to how we’ve done at Wiseacre with Tiny Bomb pilsner, Irusu rice lager, Memphis Sands Helles, and many more. I am a huge fan of not only their amazing beers, but also what Bingo has done to raise the profile of lagers in general, which have tended to play second fiddle to IPAs in the craft beer scene,” Davin Bartosch, Wiseacre brewmaster and co-founder, said in a release.
“In the years since we went to school together Jay and Bingo have come to our Taste the Rarity Festival in Memphis many times, we’ve both honed our craft and, with our launch in Virginia, this is the perfect time to get together and make something deliciously drinkable, as all lagers should be.”
WISEACRE will kick-off its Virginia launch with events throughout the week at the following locations:
- Tuesday, February 7: Union Market in Church Hill (2306 Jefferson Ave, Richmond)
- Wednesday, February 8 – Jack Brown’s (5810 Grove Ave, Richmond)
- Wednesday, February 8 – York River Oyster Company (8109 Yacht Haven Rd, Gloucester Point)
- Wednesday, February 8 – Norms Tasting Room (1602 King St #200, Alexandria)
- Wednesday, February 8 – Beer 88 (113 Hexham Dr, Lynchburg)
- Thursday, February 9 – Farm Fresh (2320 E Main St, Richmond)
- Thursday, February 9 – Fire & Hops Pizza Co. (1 N Belmont Ave, Richmond)
- Thursday, February 9 – Casual Pint (3380 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach)
- Thursday, February 9 – Casual Pint in Falls (6410 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church)
- Thursday, February 9 – Craft Beer Cellar (3813 Wards Rd, Lynchburg)